Kevin A. Cameron
I’m a full-stack web developer, specializing in front-end. I love to build great things with brilliant people. I’m obsessed with user experience, and performant, maintainable code.
Senior Web Programmer, ArenaNet
March 2013 - Present
Created highly interactive single page applications using MithrilJS, Modular-CSS, React (Gatsby), Webpack, Rollup, and custom state management. Developed intricate build systems geared towards developer experience, and code optimization in Node.js. Provided technical mentorship to new hires, including code reviews and project direction. Lead developer on majority of marketing websites, (Path of Fire, Play for Free, online manual).
Web Developer, Anime-Planet
2010 - 2019
Provide guidance for front-end design and technical decisions. Implemented certain key features, including new responsive, animated SVG site banners.
Front-End Developer, NCsoft
Dec 2010 - March 2013
CMS customization for customer-facing websites My Aion, and Aion-Online. HTML emails. Complete overhaul of the City of Heroes game website.
Front-End Developer (WAP), Motricity
Nov 2010 - Mar 2010
Wrote custom CSS for dozens of low-power mobile phones. A major component of this work was thorough hand-testing and documentation of all devices and their capabilities.
Web Developer, Kace Visual (self-employed)
2009 - 2010
A handful of small business sites, including CMS integration and customization.
- CSS animations/transitions
- Build systems, CI, CD
- Developer experience
- CMS customization
- HTML5 Video
- Analytics, SEO
- REST API design, development, and consumption
Open Source Projects
- Lyrite - lyric formatting tool
- Animation Resolve - resolve a promise when an animation completes
- cssJoin - conditionally join CSS class names
- PostHTML Pseudo - add classes to HTML match pseudo selectors (":first-child", ":last-child")
- SVG Spritzer - join SVGs
Additional Work Experience
- Game UI using Coherent GT
- Particle emitter with physics simulation (Path of Fire)
- End-to-end testing with Puppeteer and Jest
- Purchase verification with our billing provider (Digital River)
- Resilient 2-layer caching (Node)
- Newsletter signup and management using the BlueHornet API (signup, management)
- WordPress static site exporter to JSON and HTML (Guild Wars 2)
- Responsive SVG image mask (Path of Fire)