Kevin A. Cameron
I’m a full-stack web developer, specializing in front-end. I love to build great things with brilliant people. I’m obsessed with user experience, and performant, maintainable code.
Senior Web Programmer, ArenaNet
March 2013 - Present
Lead developer on majority of marketing websites, (Path of Fire, Play for Free, online manual). Created highly interactive single page applications using MithrilJS, Modular-CSS, React (Gatsby), Webpack, Rollup, and custom state management. Provided technical mentorship to new hires, including code reviews and project direction.
Web Developer, Anime-Planet
2010 - 2019
Provide guidance for front-end design and technical decisions. Implemented certain key features, including new responsive, animated SVG site banners..
Front-End Developer, NCsoft
Dec 2010 - March 2013
CMS customization for customer-facing websites My Aion, and Aion-Online. HTML emails. Complete overhaul of the City of Heroes game website.
Front-End Developer (WAP), Motricity
Nov 2010 - Mar 2010
Wrote custom CSS for dozens of low-power mobile phones.
Web Developer, Kace Visual (self-employed)
2009 - 2010
A handful of small business sites.
- CSS animations/transitions
- Build systems, CI, CD
- Developer experience
- CMS customization
- HTML5 Video
- Analytics, SEO
- REST API design, development, and consumption
Open Source Projects
- Lyrite - lyric formatting tool
- Animation Resolve - resolve a promise when an animation completes
- cssJoin - conditionally join CSS class names
- PostHTML Pseudo - add classes to HTML match pseudo selectors (":first-child", ":last-child")
- SVG Spritzer - join SVGs
Additional Work Experience
- Game UI using Coherent GT
- Particle emitter with physics simulation (Path of Fire)
- End-to-end testing with Puppeteer and Jest
- Purchase verification with our billing provider (Digital River)
- Resilient 2-layer caching (Node)
- Newsletter signup and management using the BlueHornet API (signup, management)
- WordPress static site exporter to JSON and HTML (Guild Wars 2)
- Responsive SVG image mask (Path of Fire)